Slowly, legal professionals are starting to recognize the importance of setting up social media accounts to interact with the law firm’s database. However, setting up the account is just the beginning of law firm marketing. The lawyer must commit fully to this strategy, and:
- Post frequent updates on Facebook, including photos, links to articles, and posts about news happenings
- Post regular tweets on Twitter, linking to interesting articles that would appeal to potential clients
- Upload educational videos to YouTube on a regular basis that bring value to potential clients
- Consistently inform the law firm’s database of the existence of these accounts, send friend requests, and ask that contacts “like” or “follow” the firm’s page
With the proliferation of the Internet, more attorneys understand the importance of maintaining a professional website. However, this site cannot simply be created and then forgotten about in order to be a successful attorney marketing tool. Too many lawyers make this mistake. What should be done?
- Update the website on a regular basis with contact and law firm information
- Post news articles, library articles, and answers to frequently asked questions that address the legal questions of potential clients
- Create and frequently update a blog that links to the website
- Include links on the website to free education materials, books, and social media accounts
These are just a few examples of how attorneys can fully commit to their lawyer marketing strategies. To learn more, contact the legal marketing experts at Great Legal Marketing. For more information, fill out our online form or call our office at 703-591-9829.