You may scoff at the idea of a blog as a useful marketing tool. It’s easy to think that blogging is just a way for teenagers to vent their feelings or for pundits to weigh in on news pieces with short critiques.
But the truth is that blogging is essential to an effective legal advertising campaign—and while it’s no substitute for a fully optimized multimedia webpage, creating a free legal blog can improve your search engine raking and bring in more readers.
Follow these steps to use legal blogs to improve your Google ranking:
- Develop a primary, multipage legal website that is fully integrated with video, widgets, and social media.
- Create a blog for your niche area, concentrating on articles that pertain to that practice area.
- Optimize your blogs with keywords and keyphrases to ensure the blogs are positioned well in Google.
- Link the blogs back to your main website to “feed” traffic back to your home and contact pages.
- Repeat! Make as many blogs as you like (one per practice area is usually sufficient).
Remember: it’s not enough to make blogs that are optimized for search engines. They must also contain compelling, attention-grabbing content that appeals to your reader’s emotions. Blogs are just one more outlet in which to focus on your primary goal: getting your reader to raise his hand by requesting your information packet or contacting you with a question about their case.
For more simple ways to improve your legal website’s search engine rankings, click the link on this page to download a free sample chapter of our Great Legal Marketing book. To get insider tips delivered every week right to your inbox, call 888-791-2150 today to join our team.