Q Is there any kind of visual standard I should keep on my practice area blog, or can I make it look however I want?
AJust as you manage your appearance for meeting new clients and going to court, you want your blog to be well trimmed and appealing to the eye.
Yes, you want to fill your blog with fresh content in a unique voice that highlights your personal legal style. Always remember that the point of your blog is to drive anyone who might have just been surfing by deeper into your site. The goal is to teach them more about your practice and so they will keep you in mind for current or future legal needs.
Because of that, every inch of your site needs to be professional. So cultivate that unique voice, engage in as much conversation in your blog as you can, but always keep the following in mind:
- Controversy is a fantastic conversation starter, but handled wrong it can alienate prospects fast. Be respectful and avoid inflammatory language.
- Fact-check and keep your information current.
- Review for typos, grammatical errors, and other inaccuracies.
- Ideally, blog articles should run between 300 and 500 words.
- Massive glaciers of text stop readers cold. Use short paragraphs and simple sentences.
To learn more about effective legal blogging and other best marketing for lawyers, talk to one of the masters at Great Legal Marketing. To review current marketing strategies for your firm, call (703) 591-9829 today
Be sure to request your FREE full chapter preview of The Great Legal Marketing Book by attorney marketing specialist Ben Glass!