Viral marketing, where information is passed between individuals spontaneously, has long been recognized as a valuable legal marketing tool. Companies in many industries have attempted to capitalize on this natural phenomenon. Little analysis is required, however, to understand how word-of-mouth advertising passes between individuals on social networking websites such as Facebook and Twitter. It occurs simply as a result of a client receiving good service or learning something valuable from a law firm, and then naturally choosing to share that information with friends, colleagues, and family. Marketing professional Mischelle Davis refers to this form of advertising as “viReal”. The following is a list of five benefits of this valuable form of legal advertising:
- People promote the law firm’s materials or services in their own language, without the influence of marketing experts or copyrighters.
- When others read the postings about your law firm, they are hearing it from an already trusted source.
- Exchanges between people on social networking sites are perceived as more honest than those drafted by a company or other party with an outside interest.
- Research has proven that candid feedback from an individual within a potential client’s social network is more trusted than online reviews posted by people who do not know each other.
- More and more people opt to post messages on Facebook or Twitter looking for recommendations rather than conducting and online search.
For more information about how online word-of-mouth legal marketing is a valuable resource for your firm, contact the attorney advertising experts at Great Legal Marketing. Fill out our online form or call our office at 703-591-9829.