No matter how efficient you and your staff are, you are only human. You need to eat, sleep and take time away from work in order to be the best at what you do.
However, you can never predict when or where one of your customers will be looking for help. That’s why you need to have a marketing plan firmly in place to reach people any hour of the day or night, even while you are asleep. Automation is key to keeping things running smoothly even when you and your staff aren’t looking.
Part of the automation process is choosing how to organize all of your business contacts, including those who ask you for information, your past clients, and even those who did not hire you. Before you choose a software database program for your law firm, make sure that it has the ability to:
1. Import all of the contact information from your existing client management software.
2. Automatically add everyone who fills out a contact form on your website onto the list.
3. Tell you which specific marketing material the prospect saw that led them to you.
4. Can easily used add new client information manually (if the client’s first contact with you is by phone).
5. Has an automatic response system that can be customized for each client’s inquiry.
6. Can easily sort your list in a variety of different ways so that each type of contact can be marketed to differently (past clients receive different materials than vendors, etc).
It’s important to remember that starting a legal marketing campaign means adapting quickly to changes—and throwing out old techniques that aren’t working. Find out if you’re wasting money on your ad campaign by reading a free sample chapter of our Great Legal Marketing book, or call 888-791-2150 today to get insider emails delivered right to your inbox.