An often challenging aspect to writing a law firm marketing book is deciding on a topic to write about. The topic is important because potential clients will not read your book if it does not pertain to their situation. Therefore, you must determine the issues that are relevant to your target client group. The following are helpful tips on choosing book topics:
- Research the questions that potential clients in your geographic area are asking by using websites such as Avvo.com
- Evaluate the questions that potential or existing clients consistently and repeatedly ask in meetings or during phone calls
- Research the relevant keywords that are frequently typed into Google pertaining to your field of practice
- Consider writing a how-to guide
- Review the questions that are most often typed into the online form on your law firm website
- Think about the topics that you are particularly passionate about
- Conduct an informal survey of existing or prior clients on the topic areas that they would be most interested in reading about
Sometimes, ideas will come to mind unexpectedly. For this reason, it is a good idea to keep a note pad on hand to record these thoughts.
Attorney books are an effective law firm marketing tool that remains permanently in the hands of potential clients, serving as a reminder of your expertise every time the book is consulted. The more relevant the topic to the issues faced by your target audience, the more likely it will earn you potential clients. For more information on writing attorney marketing material, contact the legal marketing experts at Great Legal Marketing. Fill out our online form, or call our office at 703-591-9829.