What is geo-targeting and how does it work with legal advertising? The following is a brief overview:
- Geo-targeting controls where in the United States the advertisements will appear.
- The plan usually gives you a choice between several different advertising options. This includes focusing on an entire city or targeting a zip code.
- Consider how far from your office you want to take on new cases, and choose your geo-targeting options accordingly.
- Take the maximum location you are willing to consider and extend it by approximately 30 miles, since your target potential clients may conduct a search from outside of their home.
- Choosing too broad of an area is a mistake since it will attract clients from areas outside of the range where you are seeking to work.
- Selective geo-targeting is a more efficient legal advertising strategy, since it is less expensive to bid on words that are local rather than national in scope.
Utilizing geo-location techniques as part of a pay per click advertising plan will help you to attract your law firm’s ideal clients. The geo-specific pay per click ads that result can supplement other forms of law firm advertising as well. For more information, contact a legal marketing consultant atGreat Legal Marketing at 703-591-9829.