Don't let the idea of a wholly revamped lawyer marketing plan scare you into inaction. If you break your strategy down into simple steps and milestones, not only does this cut the intimidation factor, but it lets you better gauge your progress and successes. Keeping yourself on track with the development and implementation of your new marketing plan is essential to your success.
This isn't meant as a "to-do" list, as those are more suited for individual marketing efforts like how to set up a good blog system. Instead, these are key points you should consider as you develop your new lawyer marketing plan:
- YOU decide on the ideal clients you want to serve in your practice.
- Grow and cultivate your "herd" of raving fans.
- Establish yourself amongst your ideal clients as the wise man/woman of the legal world.
- A good client database that automates your marketing efforts is a must.
- Make sure everything you publish - articles, blogs, newsletters, etc. - attracts attention and compels your readers to act!
- In your writing and marketing materials, give your potential clients a taste of what they want, then make an irresistible offer to make them jump up and ask for more.
- A good marketing plan has consistent communication 12 to 26 times per year (this can include newsletters, Emails, informational packages, and even holiday cards).
- Be relentless in your follow-up.
- Visit my library to learn more about developing a lawyer marketing plan. A great legal marketing plan involves a lot of effort and steps, but the payoff can mean the difference between being a slave to your practice and taking control of your free time.
- There's a lot more to learn if you want to build your practice full of happy clients, reasonable hours and a 6-figure salary. Start by requesting a FREE copy of my marketing CD and report. Consider it a step toward transforming your law firm into a successful and highly profitable business - (703) 591-9829.