Now that you have strong copy flooding into your website, you’re probably wondering why you need to bother with social media. But the truth is, your lawyer marketing blog can work hand-in-hand with your social media accounts—and in some cases, mean less work and higher rewards for you.
Here are a few tips to make your blogs posts pull double-duty for your legal marketing:
- Double-check your blog post. All posts should be informative, topical, and have relevant keyword phrases throughout the text. If it’s too long, too general, or uninteresting, rewrite.
- Upload. Since search engine spiders rate regularly-updated pages more highly, it’s best to spread out your blog posts. Try to post a new item to your page at least every other day.
- Update your Facebook status. Imagine your readers scrolling through pages of their friends complaining about the traffic due to recent storms, only to find your update: “Will your insurance cover flood damage to your home? Don’t be too sure…” and a link to your blog post.
- Tweet your update. You only have 140 characters to provoke a response, so pique the reader’s curiosity with a question: “Which five things cause more driving distractions than cellphones? Click here for the answer.”
- Set up an automatic “share.” Many blogging tools offer an automatic “post to Facebook” or “email followers” command, allowing you to instantly share your content every time you update.
Remember: your goal is to get as many eyes on your page as you can. Using social media, you can send out updates on multiple platforms, encouraging readers to share the information with their friends (and their friends, and their friends, and so on).
Learn more about using social media for attorney marketing by calling 888-791-2150 today or by clicking the link on this page for your free chapter of our Great Legal Marketing book.