It’s hard to know where to put your money when you’re marketing your legal practice. Thankfully, there are a few options available that won’t cost a penny of your advertising budget: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media sites are free to use, and are seen by millions of viewers every day.
Here are a few benefits of using online media to promote your law firm:
- No money. The first upside is, of course, that it won’t cost you anything.
- It’s easy. Once you get the hang of Tweeting and updating your Facebook status, you’ll be able to connect with your client base in seconds.
- Everyone else is doing it. The Internet gives people an opportunity to interact with you, meaning they can share their own thoughts after reading theirs, turning your site into an open-floor discussion.
- Of course, free media isn’t exactly problem-free. Drawbacks include:
- No computer, no access. Although people across all age ranges are becoming tech-savvy, an online-only marketing campaign is only going to reach those who are online. This can be just as shortsighted as a radio-only or yellow pages-only campaign: you must diversify your law firm promotion efforts across all media options.
- No, really, EVERYONE else is doing it. While accessibility can certainly be a plus, it’s not just your customers who are online. Your competition is out there, too—and he’s probably doing a lot of the same things you are.
The solution? It’s not enough to grab hold of free media; it’s what you do with it that counts.
To find out how to make the most of social media for your law firm, call 888-791-2150 today or download a free sample chapter of our Great Legal Marketing book.