Crafting dynamic meta descriptions is more an art than a science, but there are strategies for strengthening your approach. Here are seven tips for writing effective meta descriptions:
- Keep the meta description to approximately 25 words, or 160 characters, or less.
- Address a need that a potential client is facing when conducting the web search.
- Offer a solution to the need or problem faced by the potential client.
- Write unique meta descriptions for every page.
- Encourage viewers to click through to learn more by including a call to action.
- Provide a compelling description of the content on the web page.
- Incorporate the most important keywords.
Using these tips while drafting meta descriptions will improve the success of your legal web marketing strategy. Attorneys who skip this step are missing out on countless potential clients.
The Internet marketing professionals at Great Legal Marketing can assist your law firm in incorporating effective meta descriptions into your online lawyer advertising ideas. For more information, fill out our online form or call our office today at 703-591-9829.