With the positive reviews of such respected organizations as the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Wall Street Journal, Avvo.com has now surpassed the more traditional Martindale-Hubbell website, receiving three times the amount of traffic. Since so many consumers consult this website, it is important to establish a profile as part of an overall legal marketing strategy. Establishing a presence on this site is easy and cost-effective.
To start taking advantage of Avvo as part of your attorney marketing plan, the following steps should be followed:
- Claim your profile. Avvo will ask for your name, profession, and address. It will then search state bar records for licensed attorneys matching your description.
- Verify your identity by phone or credit card.
- Edit your profile to include your practice area, experience, information on fees, contact information, and photo.
- Create a unique video or personal message that entices clients to contact you.
- Encourage existing or previous clients to leave client reviews on your profile.
- Sign up for question subscriptions to receive email notifications of questions posted in your field of expertise, as well as your target state.
- Consider writing a legal guide and posting it on your profile.
- Put a link to your Avvo profile on your website.