This is a great question, because many attorneys miss a great opportunity to hook clients who initiate contact. Some will email a few days later, or send a form letter with the requested information—neither of which is personal or memorable enough to guarantee further contact.
In order to keep your firm in the forefront of the customer’s mind, you must follow up at least twice, providing different information each time.
Your customers should immediately receive an automated “thank you” response that includes:
- An electronic copy of the requested material (or a related document)
- Links to top articles in the practice area they were reading
- A link to past issues of your newsletter
- An imbedded or linked You Tube video introducing yourself and your firm
- A few handpicked testimonials from clients with similar cases
- A call to action with contact information that assures your clients that you are constantly available for questions or concerns
The second package is sent via postal mail, and it can contain any or all of the following:
- A printed copy of the book they requested
- An additional printed material, such as a guide to choosing the right attorney
- A short DVD in which you speak directly to the prospective client, covering the ins-and-outs of a typical case and the necessity of hiring an attorney
- Press releases, paper newsletter, and other interesting and informative items
- A small free gift, such as a bottle opener, pen, or key ring
Seem like overkill? Not if you want to bring in more legal clients. To learn which legal promotional materials will work for you, download your FREE chapter of the Great Legal Marketing book or call 888-791-2150 to get insider emails delivered to your inbox.