Before you can develop a legal marketing plan and before you can persuade people to hire your law firm, you must be in the right mindset. You must be ready.
What is the Right Mindset for Lawyer Marketing?
The most important part of your mindset is success. You must want to succeed, you must have the drive to succeed, and you must be prepared to succeed. When you expect to achieve, your actions will often prepare you to do just that. As part of believing in your success, we encourage you to:
- Recognize yourself as an entrepreneur. Lawyers, like other small business owners, are entrepreneurs. Law school prepared you to be a lawyer, but now it is time to learn how to run your business too.
- Believe that you are personally responsible for your success. If you work hard and work intelligently, you will succeed.
- Understand that your opportunities are unlimited. Once you begin to succeed, you will find that success breeds success.
- Have fun. The more fun you have, the more successful you may be.
What do I Do Once I am in the Right Mindset?
Once you recognize that you are ready to succeed, it is important to start developing your legal marketing strategy by:
- Goal setting. Understand what you are trying to achieve and how best to do it.
- Participating in a mastermind group or think tank. Get together with other like-minded small business owners and share ideas about how best to reach your target audience.
Have Other Attorneys Been Successful?
Yes, many other attorneys have tried our methods and succeeded. If you have doubts, we recommend visiting our testimonials page and reading about the attorneys who have found success using Great Legal Marketing methods. We encourage you to reach out to these attorneys and ask them questions about our program. You can also find other attorneys in your area who have successful law practices. Ask them how they do it, and find out how you can implement their best habits. A word of caution: if their success is rooted in working 80 hours a week, avoid their advice.