How is Your Marketing Measuring Up?
It never ceases to amaze me: lawyers, who are otherwise very bright people, continue to insist that their part of the country is somehow different. That the marketing system I’ve taught to hundreds of lawyers (in every state in the country) just won't work in their town or city. That none of it will be approved by their state bar. That it's too complex, takes too long and that their prospective clients just won't get it. That it probably costs a ton of money to implement.
So they fall back to what they know and what they've always done…and then they wonder why nothing changes year after year and why they continue to struggle with average practices.
Don't let their story be yours.
We've seen it all before, haven't we? The traditional ads in the Yellow Pages that don't tell prospective clients anything, the static websites with pictures of courthouses and cityscapes, the generic holiday cards, the glossy brochures with every detail imaginable about the firm but no real helpful information, the free consultations.
That's just the problem. We have seen it all before. In fact, it's what 95 percent of lawyer marketing looks like. It’s also why 95 percent of the lawyers aren't getting ahead.
So, We have to ask you: How is Your Marketing Measuring Up?
Are you frustrated with the types of cases you are getting? Are you disappointed that your practice is still not where you want it to be, and tired of the same old marketing that costs a fortune but doesn't produce results? If so, you owe it to yourself to read on.
This is your invitation to learn how hundreds of lawyers -- many of whom were struggling and completely at a loss for what to do next -- dramatically changed their fortunes and their lives by adopting my outside-the-box marketing and practice-building system.
This is your chance to turn your business around.To register for the Great Legal Marketing 2010 SuperConference, please go here.
What Has 2010 Meant For Your Practice? Boom or Bust?
Unfortunately, for many lawyers, 2010 has not gotten off to a good start. Many are in pure survival mode these days, having failed to make adjustments to their marketing and practice management strategies in the last couple of years that would have put them in a position to not only survive, but thrive. Instead, they have continued to do things exactly the way they always have, keeping their fingers crossed and hoping for something better to happen.
Predictably, they've achieved the same lackluster results. Or worse yet -- they've shut down their practices, convinced that they simply couldn't compete in today's economy.
But there's a group of lawyers out there who are doing some pretty special things. A group that made a conscious decision to ignore the recession and focus on building the type of practice they always dreamed of.
A practice in which they are:
- Experiencing rapid and profound growth.
- Becoming a celebrity in their hometown.
- Consistently receiving referrals from former clients and other attorneys.
- Accepting fewer cases (but getting the ones they want) and earning more money.
- Able to take a vacation or get home for dinner without the practice falling apart. (In fact, most are finding that the practice doesn't miss a beat when they aren't there.)
- Enjoying the benefits of a marketing system that produces a steady stream of leads, enables them to track and measure the results, and doesn't break the bank.
A practice in which they are not:
- Working 80-90 hours a week and constantly missing family events.
- Accepting every single case that walks through the door, no matter how bad it might be.
- Frustrated by their employees.
- Constantly hoping the big case is right around the corner.
- Spending huge sums of money on traditional marketing such as the Yellow Pages and wondering if it's working at all.
- Struggling just to make ends meet.
But where do you start? How do you learn the tools and strategies to build your ideal practice? Where do you get the playbook and instructions to make it all happen?
The First Step You Need to Take: Attend Great Legal Marketing's 2010 SuperConference June 11 & 12, in Fairfax, Virginia.To register for the Great Legal Marketing 2010 SuperConference, please go here.
If you are success-minded and self-reliant, this conference will change your life. I guarantee you that this is the place where the most successful and progressive attorney marketers will gather to not only learn from the experts on the stage, but to share best business practices with each other. And when I say guarantee, I mean guarantee (you'll see what I'm talking about later).
So, How Do Great Legal Marketing Conferences Measure Up?
Unlike other big conferences that try to impress you (or distract you) with special-guest celebrities and supermodels, the real stars at Great Legal Marketing conferences are real-life lawyers just like you who decided they wanted something different for their practices and their lives and made a commitment to learning a better way to achieve the results they really wanted.
Lawyers like Brian Mittman of New York who after moving out of the city has created the practice of his dreams using marketing strategies learned at our conferences.
Or lawyers like Mike Schafer of Louisville, Kentucky who has dominated the Internet and exploded his practice - the way he wants to!
Or lawyers like John Bisnar. While he had a very successful practice before he discovered Great Legal Marketing, he ended up building one of the most successful personal injury firms in all of California after attending our conferences and becoming one of my MasterMind Members.
And their stories are far from unique. Hundreds of lawyers during the past few years have attended GLM conferences to look over our shoulders and learn the secrets of building a great practice.
This is your chance to do the same thing…
We'll show you the exact steps you need to build a complex, effective and ethical marketing and practice management system. You'll experience firsthand how to develop a system that is next to impossible for your competitors to copy, that will distinguish you as "the wise man/woman on the mountain" in your community and that will grow your profits. Yes, profits.
To be sure, some people are turned off by my business and profit first approach when it comes to running a law firm. It's certainly not what you were taught in law school or what you hear at nearly every other legal marketing and practice management seminar. All I can tell you is that there's a reason why most lawyers continue to struggle with average, frustrating practices.
It's why I believe that true growth in a law practice begins with looking at the practice of law in a completely different manner. It's why I am constantly studying what successful entrepreneurs are doing in businesses outside the practice of law and figuring out ways to apply their strategies to my practice. It's why I reject the notion that my business is somehow different from others. And it's why I talk about and teach this approach at the GLM conferences. It flat out works.
- So What Makes the SuperConference Different and Better Than Every Other Legal Marketing Conference Out There?
- We don't waste your time with nebulous theory and fluff. Marketing and running your practice is serious business; we give you the specific details about what the most successful attorneys in the country are doing right now to grow their firms.
- We give you a marketing playbook; you leave the conference knowing exactly what to do and how to get things rolling. No more guesswork and money wasted on what I call the marketing vultures.
- We're adding special workshops to this SuperConference to take our teaching to the next level: you'll learn specifically how to set up and run direct mail campaigns, write compelling ads, execute your Web strategy and manage a back-end follow-up campaign.
- The most extensive and thorough coverage of Internet marketing you will find anywhere. Period. My buddy Tom Foster makes sure of that. He is the only web developer I have ever met that truly understands that getting on page one of Google is just the first step of a bigger process. Of course, Tom teaches you how to drive traffic to your site, but more importantly; he shares with you what it takes to convert those visitors into clients. At the end of the day, that's all that matters, isn't it?
- We talk about the importance of mindset. Look, the best marketing plans in the world are worthless if the person who is handed them has the wrong attitude or doesn't get the big picture or isn't willing to work hard to improve their lot in life. This is why my personal mindset coach, Rem Jackson, plays such a major role at our conferences. Bottom line is that neither (1) marketing nor (2) mastery of the law will get you to the goal line without effective and ruthless management of yourself and your staff. Rem is the nation's expert on this.
- We show you the well-defined and proven "game plan" that affordably and effectively gets the attention of your ideal client, creates interest in that client for you and your firm, sells your services to that client (yes, sells), and develops a relationship with that client so that they not only stay with you, but refer others to you. We'll also show you that this game plan works whether you are talking about your website, Yellow Pages ads, or print, TV or radio advertising.
- The chance to hang out with and learn from members of my two marketing MasterMind groups -- these are some of the smartest and most successful lawyers in the country. They are there -- and easily identifiable -- for you to pick their brains on breaks, at lunch, and over dinner. Not only are these lawyers hanging out with you, learning even more to take back to their towns, but from time to time we bring them up on our stage to show you exactly what they are doing in their practices. (Note: it's not all about marketing, either.)
As always, you have our 100% money-back guarantee. If at the end of the conference you decide that we have not delivered to your satisfaction, you let me know and you get 100% of your money back, guaranteed. There is no risk for you, even if your plans change. If your schedule changes and you can't make it to the conference, you can get a full refund before May 11, 2010, or a credit toward a future GLM event!
Bottom line, if you're frustrated that your marketing just isn't measuring up and you're unsure where to even start, you owe it to yourself to be at our SuperConference in June.
Why This Conference May Not Be For You
That's right -- this conference may not be for you. In fact, as I've said in the past, probably 80 percent of the attorney population is never going to change. If you count yourself among them, rest assured, this conference would be a huge waste of time and money for you.
But there are other reasons this conference may not be right for you. For example, if you:
- Expect to learn the magic bullet to marketing or the one thing that will change your practice overnight. It doesn't exist, despite what others may promise.
- Are unwilling to put in the hard work to improve your lot in life.
- Are perfectly content to rely on the same random-chance marketing that brought you to wherever it is that you are today.
- Believe that most lawyer marketing and advertising that you currently see is effective and paints a good image of attorneys.
- Are unwilling to change the very way you think about the practice of law.
- Are convinced that you can't succeed in this economy.
- Want to blame others for what happens to your practice.
- Are unwilling or unable to invest in marketing, websites and coaching programs.
- Are looking for a conference at a fancy resort in a place like Las Vegas with tons of free time to go swimming and play golf.
Bottom Line -- It's Decision Time
So you've hung in there and read this far. Now it's decision time.
It’s time to decide whether you are ready to embrace positive change and a new way of doing things. Time to decide if you want to hang out and learn from people who may be doing things bigger, faster and better than you. Time to decide exactly what type of practice and lifestyle you want to enjoy.
I look forward to seeing you there.
P.S. Because of the popularity of the Great Legal Marketing Conferences, we've sold out our last five live events and are well on our way to six in a row. Space is extremely limited so reserve your seat today.
P.P.S. You only have until May 31, 2010 to lock in your special savings. The price goes up after May 31 and will continue to go up as we get closer to the event. Remember, if your plans change, you can get a full refund up to 30 days prior to the SuperConference. After that, we will credit your fee towards a future event.
P.P.P.S. It's a really good idea to bring a key employee, a spouse or a marketing assistant with you to the conference. With so much information to take in and process, you'll need someone to help you implement everything.
The Great Legal Marketing 2010 SuperConference
June 11 & 12, 2010
Fair Lakes Hyatt
Make Your Hotel Reservations Early!
The 2010 SuperConference is at a new hotel this year.
The Fair Lakes Hyatt is a beautifully appointed hotel conveniently located off Route 66 in Fairfax, VA. This AAA Three-Diamond hotel is within minutes of both Dulles and Reagan National airports, and only 18 miles from Washington DC.
The hotel features suite-sized guest rooms, complimentary parking, business center, state-of-the-art 24-hour fitness center, Olympic-style indoor pool, sundeck, nearby basketball courts, and biking and jogging trails.
Room reservations must be made directly by calling 1-800-233-1234. Ask for the special Great Legal Marketing low group rate of just $100/night for a standard single or standard double room. To receive this special room block rate, reservations must be made by May 19, 2010. Rooms are limited, so book early.
Here's what others have had to say!
Fantastic conference! It totally changed my world view on how to run a law practice. My marketing before the conference was the usual –- just throw more money at the problem. This systematic and logical approach which could apply to virtually any industry appears to be the wave of the future. The great thing is that Ben gives you a no-nonsense plan to start immediately implementing this wealth of information right when you get home.
-- Travis Watkins, Esq.
3030 Oklahoma Tower, 210 Park Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Another fantastic event! This is my second GLM conference and just like the first one, I am walking away with tons of new marketing ideas. With all the ways to spend money on legal advertising, it is a relief to have a roadmap of what works and what doesn’t work. The speakers were all on point and the vendors were the perfect compliment to the event. I look forward to implementing these great ideas. I will be back.
-- Mark Anderson, Esq.
1310 W El Paso Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
I was pleasantly surprised by the sheer amount of quality, practical information that was provided to me at the conference. I was also happy how members shared their experience openly, freely and honestly. I will be back in June. I feel I have a lot of tools to take my legal practice to the next level.
-- David M. Chester, Esq.
430 White Pond Dr.
Akron, OH 44320
The mindset, methods and tools that Ben Glass shares will allow me to stand apart in a crowded field of competitors – with a dignified, education-based, practice building program. He shows you how to create, manage and test marketing campaigns in any media. There exists no more cost-effective way to transform your practice.
-- Tim George, Esq.
2525 W. 26th St., Ste. 201
Erie, PA 16506
I started up with GLM about a year ago. Since that time, I’ve gone from taking nearly any case that came through the door to implementing a strictly personal injury practice designed around my vision. I’ve tripled my caseload since being in GLM. But what I enjoy the most of all is the no-nonsense, positive, motivating experience I’ve had with Ben, Rem and the entire GLM staff. GLM keeps me focused on marketing my practice in an interesting, different way than other lawyer advertising.
--Shelly Leeke, Attorney at Law
103 Laurel Ave.
Goose Creek, SC 29445
To register for the Great Legal Marketing 2010 SuperConference, please go here.