Google AdWords utilizes two types of URLs. These consist of:
- The display URL. The display URL is what appears at the bottom of an attorney advertisement. It can be modified; however, it must contain the law firm’s main root URL. By adding words to the beginning or end of the URL, the lawyer can improve the relevancy of certain keyword searches to the particular URL. An example would be to add the word “injury” after the law firm name.
- The destination URL. A destination URL refers to the actual page on the law firm website that the pay-per-click advertisement will lead visitors to. It is very important that the target keyword or words be relevant to the destination URL. The page that the destination URL points to can also be referred to as a landing page.
What are some helpful tips for selecting a good destination URL for your legal marketing campaign?
- Do not use the law firm website’s home page as the destination URL.
- Utilize a special destination URL, or landing page, for each practice area of the law firm.
- Make sure that all of the information contained on each landing page applies specifically to that area of law.
- Make it easy for potential clients to navigate your website to find the information they are looking for.
- Remove excessive and unnecessary text.
- Decide upon what information is the most important and focus the destination URL on that information.
The innovative legal marketing experts at Great Legal Marketing can help your law firm establish an effective destination URL as part of your overall attorney advertising strategy. For more information, fill out our online form or call our office at 703-591-9829 for more information.