With the advent of internet marketing, attorneys have generally been slow to catch up to the changing face of advertising. More and more law firms are beginning to understand the importance of having a legal website that appears at the top of search engine results. However, very few have a clear legal marketing goal for their website beyond accessibility.
Coming up at the top of the list for any internet search is not enough to convert potential clients to existing, paying customers. Setting up the website and properly utilizing search engine optimization techniques are just the first steps. To be successful, the actual content of the sight must be:
- Relevant to your target clients
- Local, pertaining to your target geographic area
- Emotionally appealing to potential clients
- Answers all possible questions that your target clients may have
In addition, the content should be written with specific goals in mind. These goals include the following steps for converting web traffic to paying clients:
- Entice clients to click on the link to your page with an interesting meta description
- Evoke a positive response from visitors to your site by providing content as described above
- Convert that positive association into an action, such as completing an online form, ordering a copy of a book, or calling the law firm
- By providing the potential client with access to all of the information that he or she is looking for, and by earning that potential client’s trust, cause the potential client to stop searching for other lawyers
- After speaking or meeting the potential client, earn the client’s trust and respect, and convince the client to hire the firm
By working towards these goals as part of a law firm marketing plan, the rate of conversion from visitors to a law firm website to actual clients will increase. For more information on how to make a legal web marketing strategy work for you, contact the experts at Great Legal Marketing. Fill out our online form or call our office at 703-591-9829 for more information.