I run a local mastermind group here in Fairfax. It's one of the best things I have ever done. We meet quarterly around a huge conference room table in my office. We throw our problems (and our cool resources) on the table and get others to help solve them.
In my group there are the:
- local residential real estate expert
- mom and pop beach home renovation couple
- graphic design and print shop owner
- painting and remodeling company
- men's custom made local clothing guru
- Cartridge World franchisee
- Business building and finance author and speaker
- merchant account expert
- custom software designer
Really smart folks. Do you think that if one of us has a problem to solve that at least one member has a resource or experience to tape into? They do.
Oh, and by the way. Who do you think they present to their customer's ad "wise man at the top of the mountain" in the law?
Don't wait to be invited to such a group.
Start one. Keep your eye out for very smart business people and let them know what you have going. You won't regret it.